Friday, March 1, 2013

Travel Agency!

Hei; hyvää iltaa!

These past few weeks ive been trying to teach myself a little Finnish. I know a few basics like animals, colors; days of the week and basic conversation. Im not sure how much this will help me to be honest...but you gotta start somewhere!

I recently registered online for a travel agency that my Rotary district works with. Its actually kinda cool though! I selected my assigned host country on my registration and after I finished the registration; I got to actually log on and look at the website. I found out that I actually have to fly down to Los Angeles to submit my documents for my visa in person to the consulate of Finland. Im actually super excited because a few other outbound exchange students are flying down to LA on the same day with the travel agency for a group appointment with the consulate. It will be fun to meet a few other kids who are going to Finland on exchange!

Another cool feature on the travel website is that it shows a little radar of how close you are from the process of departing to your host country. So far; my little online radar has barely moved and its in the beginning of the "Documentation" piece of the process. Six months until Finland! Its still really far away; but I know time will fly; and eventually my little online radar will say I am in the final step of the "Ticketing" phase at the end of the radar and I will be getting ready to pack my bags and depart to Finland.

For now though; im trying to not get TOO excited for Finland. In the mean-time im just trying to focus on school and the here and now instead of my adventures that will happen later down the road. I want to enjoy these next few months without getting TOO excited; but at the same time I still want to think and talk about Finland. So hopefully by blogging I can do a bit of both without getting myself too carried away.

So for now I guess;

Hyvää Yötä! Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment