Thursday, March 21, 2013

My departure date/Waiting

I found out the other day when I am officially leaving on my exchange! 164 days from now, on August 3erd I will be officially leaving for FINLAND!

Oh geez...I am so excited. It feels so far away; and yet I know it will be right around the corner. Recently on facebook, a few other Outbound Exchangers that are going to Finland for the 2013-2014 year have added me on facebook. At first I thought it was a little weird and I didnt want to add them back. (I just find it odd adding people who I dont know on facebook. I never do it!)

But; at that point I decided to accept their request on facebook; and we got to talking and its been really really fun! I think its good to get to know other kids who are in your same situation. Its hard for your friends at school to understand what you are going through; and they dont share the same excitement as you do. Its hard for them to be in your shoes.

By talking to a few of the other kids; I got a chance to actually see how excited they are as well. Its fun to get over excited about Finland with other kids who are going there from other places!

However; I am a little jealous of some of the other kids in my district. They are already finding out their districts; and the other Outbound student going to India from my Rotary club just got an email from her first host family. It makes me jealous because I want to know where I am going and who is hosting me!!!

I guess I need to learn how to be patient. And in the end its worth waiting to find out all of the exciting stuff about my Host District and town and Host Family. Plus; im SURE there are other kids in my district in my situation as well.

But at least I have my departure date!

August 3erd here I come! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment