Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome To The Rotary Family!

When I heard that Rotary was the best Exchange Organization, I honestly believed them...But I didnt realize how much like a family Rotary really treated you. (I feel like going off on a little rant; and If you know me, ranting is what im all about. So be prepared! )

At the Orientation this last week, I realized how much like a family my Rotary District treats each other. When we all sat down for meals at the camp, everything was served "Family Style" and it gave us a way to really bond with each-other along with all of the Country Officers. (For those of you that dont know: When you are assigned to a Country, you get a Country Officer in your district who knows a lot about the Country you are exchanging with. You email and stay in contact with them through out your exchange; and they help you out all along the way with paper-work and visas and everything.)

Thinking about it, it made me feel like we were all going to be placed into mini-families with the other kids who are going to exchanging to all of the other Countries in my district. Rotary just feels like a big family, and you know all of the Exchange Officers and District Members care about you because they all volunteer their time to this Exchange Program.

I feel like some other Exchange Organizations are like a business. (Im not trying to say all other Organizations are that way.) But to me, Rotary feels like a scholarship. You just have so many people to suport you and help you make your exchange possible and successful . You take charge for your own exchange, and you make it happen. But members from your Rotary club sponsor you and help raise money, and your Rotary District helps send you to a Country and assigns you a Country Officer who is knowledgeable about the Country you are going to and helps you through out your ENTIRE exchange! It just blows my mind how much Rotary really cares about their students and their exchange!

And this is why I always talk about my exchange! Im proud to be a Rotary Exchange student and im proud to be a part of this organization! ...Even though I do not know where I am going yet. One more month! One more month and then I will know where my adventures will take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment