Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Fundraiser!

I have decided that it should be time for me to officially start my first fundraiser for my exchange! I figured that I should raise money myself, because after all...it is MY exchange. :)

I spent all day yesterday making boxes of Chocolate Covered Cherries to raise part of my funds for my exchange. I decided only to start by making nine 1/2 pound boxes and then see if they're successful enough for me to continue along with the fundraiser. Surprisingly; I sold all nine boxes in ONE DAY.

Today I will be delivering the boxes of candy after school and stopping by a small shop to pick up more boxes for my candy for the other orders that I have gotten. I am hoping to make more candy in the next day or two to fill out my other orders; and im hoping to continue to get orders for my fundraiser. But hey; so far so good!

I am planning on creating an order form sheet to bring to my next Rotary meeting on Thursday to share  my fundraiser with the club and see if anyone is interested. I am hoping to create a sample box or two to bring along with me to show the club members what the finished product looks like.

Over all: I guess im just really excited that everything has been so successful so far with my exchange! I am hoping to raise a lot of money myself by doing a couple different fundraisers this year in the next seven months I have before I leave on my exchange.

 Im actually really excited that its only been one day of my first fundraiser and so far everything has been successful. Its crazy seeing how many people want to support me and have even donated money toward my Exchange Fundraiser.

Anyways, I should probably go deliver these boxes of chocolates and buy more boxes to fill out my orders. Ill post pictures and write more as the week progresses. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jennifer I just started to read your blog and I love! In fact I finished reading the whole thing within a day! My name is Mariah Reed and I'm a foreign exchange candidate (will be a student once I get to my country). I was wondering how well your fundraising went, and if you could also give me a few ideas for fundraising? Your feedback is appreciated thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete