Friday, February 22, 2013

Ski Trip (part 2)

The next day the inbounds went to the elementary school, and they had all of us inbounds play a game that had us assigned into different groups where we were split off and forced to adopt a new "culture".

In my group; we had to learn a made up langauge and learn how to trade cards only in our langauge. So; for example; I would go up to someone in my group and if I wanted a yellow 3 card I would have to say, "Yo- JaRa JaRa JaRa" or for a red 4 card, "Ra- JaRa JaRa JaRa JaRa" (Just to give you a hint)

Eventually after practicing with our own culture groups; they had a pair from the other culture come in. They randomly started hugging us while we were trying to yell at them in our made up langauge; trying to trade with them while they were asking us random questions and hugging us. At first it was REALLY awkward! But after awhile we all got really into it and just went with the flow of things. It was hard not to laugh.

It was soon my turn to go into the other culture with two other boys from my group. As soon as we got into the other room; all of the other people in the culture were closed off together. I tried to join them (just because I wasnt sure what else to do) and they just looked at me and then closed off even more. However; when the boys tried to join they were hugging them and laughing and I was awkwardly standing in the back. I didnt know what to do. It was weird though!

After we talked about the different cultures and related them to our exchanges.

The next day; we went on a two hour bus ride up to the mountain where we went skiing! I decided to randomly switch to snow-boarding (Ive never been skiing OR snow-boarding; but I thought I might as well just do it!) It was a BLAST; even though I fell SO many times and couldnt even go down the bunny hill!

 
Meghan and I snowboarding
 
Adam, Ben, Meghan, Emily and I at the basketball game
 
Snowboarding on the Bunny-Slope
 
View up the snowy mountain
 


The Outbounds had to come into the lodge to make our last country choices. I grabed my paper; wrote my name...and didnt know what to do. I ended up putting: Finland as my number one; Czech Republic, Austria, Germany and Thailand.

That night; we got back; packed our bags and left to this little community building where all of us were to stay for the night while the Country Officers decided where all of the Outbounds for District 5100 were going for their 2013-2014 Exchange Year.

That was the FUNNEST NIGHT EVER! They split us into groups after dinner (we were fed a German dinner and they played wierd polka music and we all danced around. My whole table even did the wave while eating dinner!)

Being crazy after dinner with exchange students :)
 
Dancing around to polka music.


In my group; there were 5 Outbounds (including me). Sean, Ben, MaKyla, Allegra and I. In that little community building they had a Haunted House, Mini Golf (wild west style) and even lazer tag! It was crazy!

Before we went into the Haunted House, the Inbound from Finland told MaKyla and I (we both wanted to go to Finland) that if we went in the front of our group; we would get a special "surprise" later. We decided to go first, and the Haunted House was Titanic Themed.

We walked into the first room and there was a huge boat. Sean automatically said, "Lets split up gang!" and everyone started laughing because of Scooby-Doo. We were all holding hands and huddled together in a tight group as we walked through the rooms. It was CRAZY! All of the girls (especially me) were screaming our heads off! People kept on jumping out at us; and yelling and screaming. I kept shouting, "WHERES LEONARDO DICAPRIO?!". But...he never came.

We played mini-golf afterwards; and then moved on to lazer tag. We were playing for a good 10 minutes before we were called to meet down in the main room. We automatically stopped and didnt know what to do.

It was finally time. We were going to find out our countries. And where we were living for the next school year of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment