Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Exchange Students!

I thought I would just post a quick update about this past week.

This past weekend, I had the chance to host some exchange students! It was pretty fun, even though they were only with me for two nights. (Which is pretty short for exchange students!) However, They were on their last Rotary Trip with their districts, which was a train ride across the USA.

My mom and I picked them up at the train station in Portland, however their train was a good three hours late...apparently their train ran over a guy wearing headphones and riding a bike- so they had to stop for a good few hours to...well...I think you already know the ending to that story. :P

Anyways- we hosted a girl from Sweden named, Sofia; and a girl from Germany named, Leonie. They were SUCH sweet girls, and it was a lot of fun since I am still an Outbound. We took them to Multnomah Falls, here in Oregon; and it was absolutely GORGEOUS. I never get tired of seeing it. :)

Me, Leonie, and Sofia
 
A view of the falls.

My mom, me, Leonie, and Sofia
 
Oregon is so GREEN!
 
Leonie, Sofia and I
 
 
It was great to be able to talk about their exchanges, and they even gave me advice about my exchange- which was great! It really helps a lot to be able to talk to people who have been in your situation. It just made me a whole lot more excited for Finland! :D
 
Before we took them back to their train station; we had to take them to Voodoo Doughnuts...its a Portland thing. ;) However, it was REALLY fun because even though I have lived in the Portland, Oregon area for almost all of my life; I have never been there. And it was so fun because they were so excited about it!
 
It was super fun to be able to spend the weekend with exchange students. After all; Ill be one of them in a month! Its hard to explain...you have a lot in common with exchange students once you have really gotten to know the life of an exchange student. It has made me miss my Inbound friends who are two steps ahead of me and already home from their exchanges.
 
30 days until Finland!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment