Wednesday, July 3, 2013

30 Days Until Finland!

30 days from today, I will be on an airplane flying to Finland!

I will officially be an exchange student in 30 days, and I will get the chance to meet over 100 other exchange students who are also flying to Finland on the same exact day as I am! Unfortunately though, I don't have my visa yet for my exchange. (Fingers crossed it will come soon!!!) And I am aware of only one other student who will be in District 1400 in Northern Finland...hopefully I will meet others at language camp. ;)

 Ive been thinking about my exchange, and about leaving; and tomorrow I am going to Bend, Oregon with my parents as a last family vacation before I leave on my exchange. A lot of people don't think im afraid to go on my exchange- and Im honestly not anymore, because I know that I made the choice to go to Finland, and that im going to the perfect country for me, and my first host family is amazing and very kind for letting me live with them!

BUT- I would be crazy if I wasn't a LITTLE bit scared to leave my country, school, and family behind. I mean, who wouldn't be nervous to live a year abroad?!

I officially started planning my going away party, although I am a little disappointed because so far not a lot of people can come, and I was really hoping that I would be able to see a lot of people before I left. But at the same time, I don't want to seem selfish!

I understand that Summer is crazy, and that people have their own plans. I am just hoping that my best friends are able to come hang out for one last time with me before I leave on my exchange. But I know that I am not leaving forever, and that it wont be a goodbye; just a, "See you later." :)

My blog is probably a little on the boring side as I am only posting as an Outbound Student, since I haven't left for my exchange yet. But I know that I will want to record the things about my Pre-Exchange as an Outbound, so that later I can read about the silly things that I said or felt! (Maybe you feel the same way reading about the silly things I post.) :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds exciting! I was an exchange student couple of years ago. It was great! But also very hard sometimes :) I had to forget my shyness and start making new friends in a foreign language yaiks. But it was such an great andenture I hope you have the best time in finland. Finland is beautiful and people are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, well thank you so much! :) I am sure that I will also have to forget my shyness to make new friends, too! I am so excited to be able to exchange in such an amazing country!

    ReplyDelete