Monday, December 10, 2012

memorized conversations

There are few conversations I actually memorize...and these would be some of them:

Conversation 1:

Person: "Hey! Arent you going to be an exchange student next year?!"

Me: "Why, yes I am!"

Person: "So, where are you going?"

Me: "Im not sure yet. I wont find out until February!"

Person: "Oh, well let me know when you find out!"

Conversation 2:

Person: "So, what are your top three countries that you want to go to?!"

Me: "Uhhh...Im not sure."

Person: "hmm...Okay then?"

I pretty much get asked where Im going on my exchange on a daily basis; even though I tell people I wont find out where im going until February. I dont mind the fact that people ask me, I really dont. I enjoy talking about my exchange so far; its just so exciting!

I guess I just feel lame when people ask me what my top three countries are, and I cant give them a response! Im just so excited that im even going at this point! Sure, there's countries that I would like to go to; but in the end im just happy going ANYWHERE. So, its honestly really hard to tell people what my first choice and second choice, and so on...because Im really happy just going anywhere.

On a good note though, I guess I should mention some of the countries that have been on my mind.

Oddly, Finland has been in the back of my mind. Except I always think, "Whats in Finland?!" But then I look at the pictures, and eveything is just so beautiful and green! I know that learning Finnish would be very hard, and it would probably take me a long time to get used to the language. Another country that has been on my mind is Denmark. Strangly, A LOT of people have been trying to convince me to go to Denmark! Sure, most of the country is flat; but the language is really cool from what I looked into. Taiwan has also been in the back of my mind. It would just be totally another culture and everything would be different! Learning Chinese would be different, thats for sure. Of course, a lot of people have been trying to convince me to go back to France and even look into Germany. Which, Ive been trying to keep my mind open to; except I want to go somewhere different that I havent known before. I want to go somewhere on exchange to somewhere ive never set foot on; a place completely foreign to me. However, I would be just as happy if I were sent there too. Because my life would be different anywhere I go.

I guess my mind is pretty scattered all over the place! I decided that I wanted to be as open minded about where I was going as possible. There is no one country that I want to go to. To me, youre going on exchange for the wrong reason if there is only one country you want to go to. But, thats not to say you cant have preferences! Its just that personally I would love go to anywhere. (and Im sure ive noted that A LOT in this post)

So, for now, I guess Ill try to word my conversations differently in a way that wont sound so...unexcited. I am excited out of my mind! I just dont have a clear view of where I want to go.

Maybe in these next few weeks and days I can think of something better to say to answer everyone's questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment